Monday, August 24, 2015

Last Wisteria of 2015- Wisteria floribunda With Colored Pencils


I was very lucky to obtain the last wisteria blossoms from a friend's friend--Connie, and finished a wisteria with colored pencils commissioned by friend Bill for his mom as a birthday gift. I hope this painting brings Ms. Yukiko warm memories of her home country Japan. When I think of the creation of this painting, it seems magical that it is not a straight line but actually is woven by threads of different friendships, fates, and geographic memories.

Following are some pictures of the drawing process:

The models I got to bring home from Connie's yard. They are just elegant.

On-site sketches

Color testing after I got home


Working on leaves
Here I'm using Caran d'Ache Softcolor, Dark Green #229

Leaves finished. After this I added the vine, one more blossom and buds.

Close-ups:




May The Bb Power Be With You,
Ellie





No comments:

Post a Comment