Thursday, April 30, 2015

Caran d'Ache Pablo Series Colored Pencils


I use Caran d'Ache Supracolor II Soft series colored pencils a lot. Their rich colors come out easily perhaps because they are watercolor pencils. Today I'm finishing up a sand verbena drawing with some new Pablo series pencils. The colors are elegant but the pencil itself feels harder than Faber-Castell. I have very light hands so I have to press more when drawing. It also means that I have to build up more layers to obtain the desired value. One good thing about Pablo series being harder is that they stay sharp a bit longer than Supracolor series. Overall I like the series and it will take me another drawing or two before I decide whether I love it or not.

May The Bb Power Be With You!

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment